Saturday, October 4, 2008

Claude Monet Weeping Willow painting

Claude Monet Weeping Willow paintingClaude Monet Water-Lilies 1917 paintingClaude Monet Water-Lilies 1914 painting
The college are being extraordinarily kind. They say they will not send him down provided he goes to live with Mgr Bell. It’s not a thing I could have suggested myself, but it was the Monsignor’s own idea. He specially sent a message to you to say how welcome you would always be. There’s not room for you actually in the Old Palace, but I daresay you wouldn’t want that yourself’ ‘Lady Marchmain, if you want to make him a drunkard that’s the way to do it. Don’t you see that any idea of his being watched would be fatal?’ ‘Oh, dear, it’s no good trying to explain. Protestants always think Catholic priests are spies.’
‘I don’t mean that.’ I tried to explain but made a poor Business of it. ‘He must feel free.’

‘But he’s been free, always, up till now, and look at the result.’ We had

No comments: